Are you an individual or a group of few people looking for fast internet in Phnom Penh, Cambodia?
Get fast internet to use at home or small office not a pain anymore, there are several options to choose from 3G Modem to ADSL to Fiber Optic.
Here is an ultimate guide for choosing fast Internet in Phnom Penh:
If you’re currently looking for an Internet Company for either your home or office, this is our guide for you to make a decision.
Most of Internet Company office are based in Phnom Penh. A lot of ISPs now operating in Cambodia, but only a few major ones own and operate the most advanced optic network covering 25 provinces.
Here is a list of ISPs in Phnom Penh for make you easy on how to get fast Internet in Phnom Penh.
High-speed fiber Internet for businesses and home offices. SINET provides an Internet connection speed of up to 150Mbps for both download and upload. My co-working space Emerald HUB BKK3 is using SINET.
What I like about SINET:
- Dedicated Internet: I got the fiber connection at my HUB. This is the huge difference from having a shared Internet link. The download/upload speed is really good. Dedicated Internet access means that the specified amount of bandwidth sold has been carved out and dedicated for your use.
- Quick fix: Well response, and fix within 1 or 2 work days. Some ISP takes 3 days to a week.
- Best Price Option for Business and Home Office: USD40/month of 10Mbps is enough for a home office for 5-10 staffs.
- Fiber Edge 10Mbps: USD 400/year
- Fiber Plus 20Mbps: USD 660/year
- Fiber Pro 50Mbps: USD 1,320/year
EZECOM has branded itself as premium Internet Service Provider in Cambodia. It corporate packages is all Fibre Optic with the price of USD 40/month for 1Mbps to USD 190/month for 5Mbps. These corporate packages offer the ultimate in high speed performance with redundancy, symmetrical DL/UL speeds and low latency over their core network.
It corporate packages is all Fibre Optic with the price of USD 40/month for 1Mbps to USD 190/month for 5Mbps. These corporate packages offer the ultimate in high speed performance with redundancy, symmetrical DL/UL speeds and low latency over their core network.
EZECOM Premium packages offer unlimited access to the Internet 24/7. Designed to fit the needs of home users and small offices with the price of USD 33/month for 1Mbps to USD 135/month for 5 Mbps.
3. Digi (DTV Star)
Digi Internet best know in Phnom Penh for providing the affordable price for home internet with a price of USD 12.99/month for 4Mbps. The package is not dedicated and it is ADSL. For home use of Digi 4Mbps is enough for 2 PC and 4 mobile devices. With Digi Internet at home, you can access fast Youtube and Digi World a demanded entertainment service.
Digi also has other package option:
- 5Mbps: USD15.99
- 6Mbps: USD 18.99
Digi Home Premium (FTTH) Fiber Optic:
- 6Mbps: USD 15.99
- 7Mbps: USD 19.99
- 8Mbps: USD 29.99
What I like about Digi:
- Affordable price: With the price of USD 12.99/month and your kids can access on YouTube and you can access to Internet and movies. It’s good enough for me and the family.
- Customer service: They try so hard to provide a good customer service, somehow as their clients are a home user, Digi need to put a lot of effort for customer service. So I understand when contact them to fix the Internet problem.
4. PPCTV Broadband Internet Service
Telemedia Focus on local video and movie streaming. It’s best for the home user to have the Internet, TV with over 60 channels and movie streaming with 8mbps cost USD 17.
6. Open Net
Vietnamese telecommunications and Internet providers that have their main link with Vietnam. Their small Internet plans, about $12 per month, are popular among home users. The downside is when the connection is cut off, it usually takes about one week (minimum standard) for their support team to come and fix.
Started after the departure of Australian ISP BigPond.
8. Kingtel Communications Limited
If you’re not satisfied with Metfone and Open Net, new comers Kingtel and Singmeng might be worth to try. Kingtel’s TARM CHET 3 ($9 per month) gives budget-minded customers an unlimited data cap plan with 3Mbps speed through its 4GLTE+.
Other Cambodia ISPs Internet Service Provider
- Y5Net (BDKTel Co,LTD)
- Camnet (Telecom Cambodia)
- Chuan Wei
- MekongNet (Angkor Data Communication Group)
- Neocom ISP (NTC)
- NTC – NeocomISP Limited
Shared VS Dedicated Internet Connection
Most home users use shared Internet plan offered by Internet Service Provider in Phnom Penh. Shared Internet means that one pipe line to your area for your neighbors, including you. The more users in your area throttle the Internet bandwidth, the slower Internet speed you experience. Dedicated Internet access is like having your own personal lane on the Information Superhighway as opposed to sharing the same traffic lanes as everyone else. Technically, fiber optics are often the delivery method of choice for the ISPs to deploy.
How to test Internet Speed?
You can use:
- www.Fast.com powered by Netflix
- NDT (Network Diagnostic Test) by M-Lab
– Fast.com can help you to measure your current internet download speed. It’s really a simple-to-test what speed your ISP is providing. I like it is clean and now Ads.
– SpeedTest.com is a popular name when it comes to testing Internet speed.
– NDT tool provides much more information than www.Fast.com when you test your Internet speed. You can also use a basic version of M-Lab’s Speed Test to quickly check your connection speed.
Fastest ISP in East Asia?
- Thailand: Up to 1 Gbit/s
- Vietnam: 160Mbps
- Cambodia: 150Mbps
- Laos: 10Mbps